Weber County Home
Weber County Search

Weber County Government
Department Pages

Weber Arts Council

Marriage Licenses

Where to Apply:
Weber County Clerk/Auditor
2380 Washington Blvd, Ste 320
Ogden, UT 84401
Phone (801) 399-8400
Fax (801) 399-8300

Weekdays, 8 am - 4:30 pm

Marriage License Information

Click here for a PDF version of this information

 Where To Apply

Ricky D. Hatch, CPA
Weber County Clerk/Auditor
2380 Washington Blvd, Suite 320
Ogden, UT 84401
Phone (801) 399-8400

Marriage license applications are accepted weekdays between
8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.  (We are closed on holidays.)

How To Apply

Both applicants must appear at the County Clerk / Auditor’s Office and complete the application form.  (If one of the parties cannot be present, an application form provided by our office will have to be completed and signed by the applicant before a notary.)

Bring proper identification with proof of age.  (Examples include: identification card, driver’s license, passport, and birth certificate if under 18 years old.)

General Information

Applicants must be 18 years of age with legal proof of age; or

Applicants who are between 16 and 18 years of age shall have consent signed by a parent or legal guardian at the Clerk / Auditor’s Office with an oath of affirmation to the clerk. However, if the parents of the minor are divorced, consent shall be given by the parent having legal custody of the minor.

Applicants who are 15 years of age shall obtain a written authorization to marry from a judge of the juvenile court b completing the form provided by the Weber County Clerk / Auditor’s Office.

A marriage license issued in Weber County is valid throughout the State of Utah.

A marriage license is only valid for 30 days from the date of issue.

The person solemnizing the marriage shall return the license to the Weber County Clerk / Auditor’s Office within 30 days.


The fee is $30.00 and includes one certified copy, which will be mailed to the couple after the marriage is solemnized and the license has been returned to us.  This fee is non-refundable.

Applicants may also donate $10.00 to help support the operation of shelters for victims of domestic violence. This fee is optional and does not affect the applicants’ ability to receive a marriage license.

Additional copies may be obtained upon request in the Weber County Clerk/Auditor’s Office.

Regular: $2.00  
Certified: $9.00
Additional Certified: $5.00 each

A certified copy is stamped and sealed; it may be required by the Social Security Administration, the Driver License Division, or insurance agencies.

Regular copies can often be printed at no cost at
Certified copies may also be ordered through the same link.  Certified fees are the same as for an in-office request ($9.00), plus a $1.95 credit card fee (no added fee with E-Check).

For more information on changing your name through the Social Security Administration, please call 877-378-9081.  The Social Security Office is located in the Federal Building at
324 25th Street Ogden, UT 84401.

For information on changing your name through the Driver’s License Division, please call
801-965-4437 or 888-353-4224.  The Driver’s License Division is located at 615 E 5300 S South Ogden, UT 84403.

Who May Solemnize Marriages

The authority to solemnize marriages is governed by Utah Code 30-1-6.  The following list is a summary of the code:

Ministers, Rabbis, or Priests of any religious denomination who are in regular communion with any religious society, and are 18 years of age or older.
Native American spiritual advisors
The Governor
Mayors of Municipalities
Justice Court Judges
A Judge or Commissioner of a court of record
The County Clerk of any county in the state, if the clerk chooses to solemnize marriages.
The president of the Senate
The speaker of the House of Representatives
Judges or magistrates of the United States
A judge or magistrate who holds office in Utah when retired, under rules set by the Supreme Court.

Weber County Officials Who Solemnize Marriages

Catherine Conklin

(801) 395-1131

District Court Commissioner

Michael DiReda

(801) 395-1144

Second District Court Judge

Ernie W. Jones

(801) 395-1175

Second District Court Judge

W. Brent West

(801) 395-1136

Second District Court Judge

James Beesley

(801) 731-4051

Plain City Justice Court Judge

Reuben J. Renstrom

(801) 544-5306

S. Ogden Justice Court Judge

Philip G. Ranck (801) 645-3738 Clerk Designee